Monday, October 12, 2009

A Weekend of Gluttony

I was lucky enough to go to 3 of my favorite restaurants this week.

Dinner - David Burke's Primehouse - This was a free dinner through work. I had the lobster bisque, southside filet, and cheesecake lollipops. Excellent. The steak was huge. We had a set menu to choose from so I'd recommend the pretzel-crusted crab cake if you're dining in the restaurant as an appetizer.

Lunch - Pastoral Artisan - I realized I have not yet reviewed this restaurant. How can that happen? I go there once a week. It is wonderful. I think I will write a separate review today.

Dinner - Bin 36 - I met my friend Liz for wine and cheese and a delicious flatbread with balsamic, lemon, and riccota. I just cannot get enough of the cheese there. And they have a lot of very reasonably priced wines on the tasting menu. Plus it was wonderful to finally meet Liz.

I have a feeling that the rest of my food this week is going to be a big letdown.

1 comment:

Liz said...

It was great to meet you too! Great choice of restaurants. Let's go there again next time I am in Chicago :)