Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trump Tower

My mother-in-law, aunt-in-law, and sister-in-law were in town Saturday. After a lovely happy hour at their hotel, Amalfi Hotel, they decided they wanted to have a drink at Trump Tower. Apparently I wasn't paying attention because I don't know which bar we went to for drinks.

There are three bars: the Terrace at Trump, Rebar, and a bar that is part of the fancy restaurant, Sixteen.

Based on pictures and the fact that I couldn't locate the same drink menu we had under the Terrace at Trump or Rebar I think we were at lounge at Sixteen. Sixteen doesn't list their menu on the Trump Hotel website though.

We were able to finagle a table by the window. Because there's really no point in paying the exorbitant prices if you don't get the view. Originally they said they didn't have a table for 5 but we were able to squeeze an extra chair in at a table for 4.

My mother-in-law and I had a drink called the Lady Rose. It had rose champagne and some other fruity and flowery ingredients that I can't remember since I can't find the menu online. It was decent but I wouldn't order it again. My sister-in-law had a drink that tasted so bad that we asked our server to take it off the bill. All of us tried it and none of us could take more than a few sips. The Husband had a vodka tonic and aunt-in-law had a glass of wine so those are kind of hard to screw up.

Looking at the drink menu for Rebar it definitely looks like a better choice for drinks in the Trump Hotel. And if you go during nice weather try to get outside on the Terrace. I've heard it's beautiful.

No comments: