Thursday, October 15, 2009

RIP Vacations

I bring very sad news to my 100th blog post.

My company recently merged with another design company.

Last year at my old company I got a total of 30 days between sick and vacation.

Starting January 1, I will have 15 days per year of PTO which includes sick and vacation.

I have practically been having a meltdown all week upon hearing this news.

Rest In Peace extended international vacation plans. I will miss you pretty beaches and cosmopolitan cities.

And this merger better be a good career booster or else I feel I may kick someone in the shins. No better for my career and less vacation? Talk about slaving away in corporate America. I've always been very fulfilled by this job so hopefully the lack of time off doesn't make me feel smothered and working for The Man.

No comments: