Monday, October 12, 2009

Pastoral Artisan

Pastoral is one of my favorite places in the entire city. And probably the first cool thing I found when I moved here. The original location is in Lakeview on Broadway and Wellington which was in our old neighborhood. I walked by the day after I moved to the city and decided it looked awesome. Wine, cheese, what more can I want? Soon after they started offering sandwiches.

They opened a second location in the Loop at Wabash and Lake. I go there for lunch at least once a week since it's not too far from my office. Before the second location I'd make the long trek by bus back to my old neighborhood just for a sandwich and some cheese.

They are opening up a 3rd location this fall/winter in the new Metra Market which will be located inside of Ogilvie train station at Randolph between Canal and Clinton. This is even closer to my house!

Pastoral offers a very diverse and high quality selection of cheese, fresh bread, wine, and a charcuterie.

They have a wonderful sandwich and salad list: http://www.pastoralartisan.com/sandwiches.shtm

If you're attending a concert in Millennium Park during the summer I highly recommend stopping by Pastoral to pick up a sandwich.

They also have a blog: http://www.pastoralartisan.blogspot.com/

No comments: