Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rockit Bar and Grill

We went to Rockit Bar and Grill on a Saturday afternoon to watch some football. They open up the upstairs half an hour before University of Michigan games. Brunch is served until 4 pm. The sad part about brunch is that means you can't get the lunch menu at that time. The happy part is they have wonderful drink specials. Being the lush that I am, I got the mimosa kit. This included a bottle of champagne, 4 juices/purees, and fresh fruit. And yes I drank it all by myself. What can I say? Football games are really long.

The main point of my post is to rave about what I got for lunch. I tried the lobster burger - it is the "2007 burgerfest champ" and is a lobster patty, red onion brioche, avocado, and lemon creme fraiche. Absolute heaven in my mouth. The lobster patty had nice large chunks of lobster in it. The brioche was delicious. And the avocado on the burger added an excellent taste. Amazing. We also got a side of the truffle fries. They were delicious although my only complaint was that they were really thick. I prefer thin crispy fries.

I really wanted to try the Rockit cheese fries which have melted brie on them except they weren't on the brunch menu.

Rockit does great upscale bar food. Highly recommend for a fancy burger.

2 comments:

Liz said...

LOVE the idea of a mimosa kit. What were the four types of juice?

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

There was mango and raspberry puree along with orange and I believe peach juice. It was heaven.