Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bin 36

I went to Bin 36 last week with a girlfriend for a little celebration. Bin 36 is located downtown right north of the river and next to the House of Blues. Bin 36 is heaven on earth to me. My two favorite things are there - wine (including wine flights!) and cheese (including cheese flights!). Over the course of the evening we each had three wine flights. I started with a sparkling wine flight, then moved to a sauvignon blanc vs. chardonnay wine flight, then finally an Italian wine flight. All amazing. And I liked them in that order too. I also managed to try 6 different cheeses. I'd highly recommend Nancy's Camembert and Carles Roquefort. After flight number two I got hungry again and ordered three of the cheeses again. Cheeses are $3 or $4 each. Wine flights are fairly inexpensive and start at about $12. We sat at the wine bar and service up there was fantastic. Unless you have a small group it will be difficult to get a seat at the bar though. I highly recommend trying this place. I can't believe it took so long for me to go there.

1 comment:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I like Bin 36 but I LOVE Bin Cafe in Wicker Park. Smaller menu and fewer options, but all the goodies are available, the service is much better and the ambience is amazing.