Monday, March 9, 2009

Staycation in Chicago Part II

I've lived in Chicago for 3 years now and I still feel there are many areas around town that I don't visit often enough (or even never!) or know enough about.

Therefore we've decided this spring/summer/fall we're going to spend our weekends exploring the city we call home. And the beauty of this is all it will cost is the bus fare and the cost of lunch.

I got this list of neighborhoods off of the Chicago Greeter website (a free guided tour available of your favorite Chicago neighborhood if you book in advance). Check them out: www.chicagogreeter.com

These will be the neighborhoods we will be focusing on. I know we won't be able to do all of them and some we already know well.

Andersonville
Argyle Street
Beverly and Morgan Park
Bronzeville
Bucktown/Wicker Park
Chinatown
Gold Coast
Greek Town
Hyde Park
Lincoln Park
Lakeview and Wrigleyville
Lincoln Square
Little Italy/University Village
Logan Square
Milwaukee Avenue
North Michigan Avenue/Streeterville
Old Town
Pilsen
Pullman Historic District
Ravenswood
River North
Rogers Park and Devon Avenue
South Loop and Printer's Row
The Loop
Ukranian Village
Uptown
West Loop and Randolph Street

I might read up on some books on Chicago history too because I'm a nerd like that.

1 comment:

Liz said...

How fun! I hope you post about your neighborhood visits as I'll probably be in Chicago at least three more times this year :)