Friday, April 23, 2010

Phuket - Hotel

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Phuket for 3 nights since once again we had hotel points to use.  They have two sections, one being the newer and nicer Busakorn area.  We were in the older one and it was fine.  The restaurants are all in the older area while the spa and health club are in the Busakorn area.  The grounds and public spaces were beautiful. 

Our room had a nice large bed and plenty of room for us.



The lobby had a lot of places to sit which was nice for reading during the very rainy days we had.




The public spaces were all well done and gave off a relaxing feeling.

This Italian restaurant right on the street was nice for lunch.  They also have a bar that is nice for pre-dinner drinks.
The pool was very large.  There were a lot of chairs available.  There are also signs that say if you're left your towel for more than 2 hours, it will be removed.  And the workers were actually moving the towels that were left.  I hate it when people try to save the good chairs and then don't come back for hours so I gave a big thumbs up to this policy.

The day it rained I spent a lot of time at the spa.  It was very relaxing and affordable.  I was happy to be able to get so many appointments as it was last minute and raining.  They had a special where if you buy three treatments, the fourth treatment is free.  Another spa warning for those squeamish about getting naked in front of others, there was a lot of nakedness involved in the scrub.  For the Thai massage they give you special wraparound pants to wear so that's a safer bet if you don't want to expose yourself to the world.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wow--I'm really shocked that this is a Holiday Inn! I love reading your blog, and envy all the places you've visited! Can you tell me... did you have to get a bunch of vaccinations to go to Asia?

Hilary said...

That hotel looks amazing!

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

Katie, We did need vaccinations to go to Asia. I think the only shot you need is Hepatitis A which is actually a 2 part series 6 months apart. We ended up getting a typhoid shot as well because we waited too long to get pills. And I also got caught up on all my other shots. I believe none are actually required, just suggested.

weezermonkey said...

That room looks great! We could totally travel together. I think we value the same comforts and have a similar design sense.

10yearstogether said...

I've never seen such a nice Holiday Inn! And yey for pool people that actually police the rules. I freaking hate when people are so rude as to take up good chairs and not even make use of them.