Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Phuket - Beach

Unfortunately it rained the first day we arrived in Phuket, was luckily clear for our Hong by Starlight tour, then rained our last day in Phuket.  So we didn't really get much beach time in.  Our last day I was able tot ake full advantage of the spa at our hotel where I had several treatments including a scrub, massage, and pedicure.  I might have had a facial too.  All for the price of one treatment at a nice spa at home.

Here's a few pictures of the beach that was located right across the road from our hotel complex.  I'm a little sad we didn't get to explore some of the more deserted beaches but we had plenty of time for that at our next stop.

The road along the beach was crazy.  Full of people everywhere, motorcycles darting in and out, tacky souvenir stores, prostitutes, shops selling fake designer goods, restaurants, bars, hostels.  You name it.  It was overwhelming.  This is not the part of Phuket to stay in for the natural beauty.  Unfortunately, we couldn't afford the natural beauty at the expensive and secluded hotels we would have liked to stay at.  Still, the beach area was gorgeous during the little sun we had.






2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I prefer overcast days on the beach.

But I'm sort of weird. :)

10yearstogether said...

I would LOVE to visit Thailand one day, sigh. PS I am one of the people that hates overcast days at the beach. Bring on the burn!