Tuesday, December 1, 2009

McDonalds

It is my goal in life to travel to somewhere that hasn't yet been invaded by McDonalds yet.  I wonder if those in other countries actually think it is good and actually think it's a good example of delicious American food.  We were way out in the middle of freaking nowhere* in Turkey in the middle of Cappadocia when I see a sign for McDonalds.  Seriously, all the way out here?  According to this map I will finally be able to get away from McDonalds (and Burger King, those things are everywhere in Argentina which is the land of good beef) when we go to Cambodia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:McDonaldsWorldLocations.svg  Hopefully McDonalds won't have opened a restaurant by the time we get there.

* I define it by nowhere because the arrivals terminal of the airport we flew in to was basically a tent.  And then we had an hour drive after that to get to the little town we were staying in.

1 comment:

Liz said...

This entry is hilarious. Love the footnote.

I read somewhere that no two countries that both have McDonalds have ever gone to war. I wonder if that is still true.