Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Fifty/50

We continued my birthday celebration at The Fifty/50. This bar was chosen because it featured several drinks on it's menu made with my favorite raspberry and peach lambics.

The bar is three floors. We were on the first one. Unfortunately they started clearing tables away while we were there to pack more people in. We lost one of our tables. So if you want a table for the night choose one of the booths on the side.

The wild berry shandy was awesome. It was made with bacardi razz with fresh berries and a blast of black cherry, raspberry lambic beers, wheat beer, lemon, and a hint of ginger. There were so many berries in my drink I thought I was being healthy by drinking.

Then for the first time in our lives, we ordered bottle service. We had a bunch of friends in town so we split it between 6 of us. A liter of Grey Goose was only $120 here and it came with all our mixers. Not too bad considering most places charge upwards of $200 and a vodka tonic is approaching $10 anyway. But hey it's my birthday and we're celebrating.

We did have a problem with our waitress. There had originally been another table sitting next to us that The Husband's cousin was sitting at. We knew no one else at that table. When we went to pay the waitress had put their tab with ours. Umm no. I don't think she was happy when we told her we weren't paying for drinks that weren't ours. I generally prefer to go up to the bar and order individual drinks to avoid this problem.

The Fifty/50 also serves a good looking menu including some late night food. I am highly disappointed I missed the cheese fries with bacon at 1 am though we did order some nachos at the next bar.

No comments: