Monday, July 6, 2009

Cameras

The Husband and I are getting ready to spend a pretty penny on some new camera equipment. He wants an SLR camera, the Canon EOS Rebel XSi. Dropping $600+ on a camera makes me very nervous. Maybe because back for our first or second dating anniversary in college, I decided to buy The Husband his first digital camera. A huge expenditure back in the day when I was too poor to drink anything but the crappiest beer. And less than 24 hours after owning it, as The Husband is running across the street on a Saturday night, it either flies out of his pocket or he drops it, brand new, right in the middle of the street. Luckily it was only scratched up. Still it makes me nervous with an expensive camera. And nervous that I'll break it too.

Looks like both of us will be taking some photography lessons soon to figure out how to work all those buttons.

And for me, I will be getting a new point and shoot. My requirements were that it fits into a small purse or my pocket. Other than that I just needed a new camera since mine is from college. These are my two choices: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/nikon-coolpix-s230-jet/4505-6501_7-33516777.html?tag=mncol;lst and http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/canon-powershot-sd1200-is/4505-6501_7-33529007.html?tag=box4505. Both recommended by The Husband.

I really can't wait to take our new cameras on vacation with us.

No comments: