Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chinatown

The Husband and I continued our tour of Chicago. We selected Chinatown out of our City Walks Chicago deck of cards.

We took the water taxi from Madison Street down the river. We had a coupon for buy one ride get one free so it ended up being less than taking the El to and from Chinatown. It was nice to see the city from a different view. I told The Husband that one sunny day I was going to pay my $6 to ride around on the boat all day, bring my bikini and towel, and pretend I owned an actual boat.

We started with Dim Sum at The Phoenix. It was our first Dim Sum experience. I enjoyed the food immensely, even though some of the things I had no clue what they were. The Husband was not a fan and ended up eating the fried chicken. He tried two things which I guess is a step in the right direction. And just to get him into the restaurant I had to promise that we could get a pizza for dinner. After that we walked around a little bit.

We took the water taxi home as well. On our walk home we saw somebody hit by a cab and fly through the air and over the cab. I thought he was dead. Luckily he started moving and it looked like he was just very bloody and had some serious cuts and scrapes.



















1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

Nice photos! We had dim sum today with a couple of our friends. I think they like going with us because we can identify what we're eating. :)

Some day when you come to L.A., I will take you! We will have quite the eating extravaganza!