Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Enoteca Roma

We started at Enoteca Roma in Wicker Park for my birthday celebration the other week. We got to sit on the great little patio out back. Most of us started with wine flights. They also have an extensive beer selection considering they are known for their wine.

For dinner I had a tray from the bruschetteria. I chose the Emilia (tomato, garlic, basil, prosciutto), Vinnie (carmelized onion and gorgonzola cheese), Piemonte (brie, green apples, and honey), and Napoli (tomato, baby mozzarella, and pesto). All were delicious. The Husband and I also shared a cheese tray. And we split the Pera pasta. The Pera was pear ravioli, walnut-cream sauce, and gorgonzola. Very good as well. The pasta had a bit of a sweat flavor.

Our dinnermates all seemed happy with their meals as well. I was too busy shoving food and drink in my face to really notice what they got except for the polenta. I've never had polenta and it was very good. With all the other things on the menu I probably wouldn't order it next time though.

Service was a bit slow but all in all this was an excellent choice for dinner.

No comments: