Thursday, January 22, 2009

Off and Running

We leave on Saturday for 10 days in Costa Rica. Between The Husband's travelling, the holidays, and a wedding, we haven't had a weekend together in about 6 weeks so I'm excited for some time alone. Unfortunately we booked this trip for in the middle of my semester at school so I may have to do a bit of schoolwork, mostly watching my classes. Hopefully I can get all of it done on the plane though. We will have a decent amount of downtime though. After our whitewater rafting adventure we have one activity planned per day which should leave an afternoon or morning each day available for relaxing. And I think it's perfectly okay if I need to watch my class while drinking a nice alcoholic umbrella drink by the pool.

I also started a post about my top 5 cities and destinations. Then I asked myself why I'd do that right before another vacation where I might find something new that rearranges my top 5?

And in a final note, I'm a little nervous about the whitewater rafting trip. I hope I don't look like an idiot to everyone else on the trip and I also hope I don't capsize and knock my head on a rock.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Have fun! I fell in the last time I was WW rafting (in the Rockies) and they just hauled me back in. Can't wait to see photos!