Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Travel Shoes

Travel shoes. Bleh. There is no bigger problem in my life than what to wear when I am spending hours walking around a city - both my own and when I travel. Only tennis shoes and JCrew flip-flops keep my feet going for hours and hours. And tennis shoes aren't stylish and flip-flops only work in the summer. The sad truth is that almost all really comfortable shoes - the ones you can walk in for hours - are not attractive. And attractive shoes are not comfortable. Tennis shoes are ugly, flats don't have enough support or somehow manage to dig into my heels even when they felt comfortable when I first bought them. I'm looking at you silver shoes. Heels are a definite no, especially in Europe or old cities where there might be cobblestones or messed up sidewalks. I am going to try my flat black boots this trip but I figured I should have a backup.

So I bought nearly every black flat semi-athletic/padded comfortable style at Zappos. Thank god for free shipping and returns. So nearly $700 in shoes later we have a winner.


These are from Naturalizer. Not my favorite pair of shoes in the world. Kind of matronly, but better than many others out there, I figure these will work well hidden under my jeans.

I'll have a full report when I get back.

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I feel ya on this. This is why I bought three pairs of my Cole Haan Nike Air padded and rubber-soled ballet flats.

Liz said...

Those are definitely cute for Naturalizers! Report back on how comfortable they are.

Insomniac said...

I like them a lot! I wish I had seen this post before I bought my New York walking shoes. These are much much better.