Monday, November 9, 2009

Birchwood Kitchen

I am a huge sandwich lover. Over the weekend I decided to try a new sandwich place and squeeze a little shopping in since it was beautiful weather.

I decided to try Birchwood Kitchen, located near the Damen Blue Line stop.

Even at 2 pm this place was busy. Since I was eating by myself I was able to get a seat immediately at the counter by the window. The place is cute but probably not good for a larger group. Getting a table for 2 is the easiest.

I had the Speck sandwich. It consisted of smoked prosciutto, celery root cream, celery, truffle oil served on ciabatta. Yum. I love prosciutto but the celery was a little out there for me. It was delicious. It was actually really good together. The celery root cream was delicious and the celery provided a nice crunch. How does one come up with some of these sandwich combinations?

I highly recommend stopping by if you're in the neighborhood. They are only open for brunch and lunch on the weekends.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I freaking love celery (and speck). That combination sounds amazing.