Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vivo

Vivo is another favorite restaurant of ours, partly because of it's close proximity to our condo and our ability to walk there. We went again this past Saturday.


We had a little bit of a wait on Saturday night and the manager got us a free round of drinks. Score.

The main reason I go to Vivo is for their fresh mozzarella. It's the best I've had outside of Italy and I think I've tried it at every restaurant I've been to. Their Caprese salad is delicious and made with sun-dried tomatoes.

The second reason I go is the bellinis. I'm a sucker for any drink made with champagne and this one is perfect. Not too sweet.

I typically order either the Gnochi Gratinati or the sea scallops. Both delicious. The Husband orders Rigatoni alla Butara which is rigatoni in a goat cheese tomato sauce with Italian sausage and cheese. What can I say, we're creatures of habit.

Also, we love the atmosphere. It's small and intimate with brick walls, modern without being too hip.

No comments: