Tuesday, October 14, 2008

London - Day 2

Day 2 I was on my own since The Husband had to work. I decided to start out the day with the Changing of the Guard. I'd actually never seen it when I was in London since I had class every morning. Or else I was hungover. Tip: If you decide to get a one-day pass for the Tube, it's nearly half-price if you wait until rush hour is over at 9 or 9:30. I think it goes from 13 pounds down to 7 pounds (from the Heathrow airport zone at least).
Buckingham Palace.

Changing of the Guard. Really not that exciting. A lot of waiting and a lot of guards in funny hats parading back and forth for a long time.

Weird looking bird in St. James Park.

Next I walked over to Parliament and Westminster Abbey.

Here's Big Ben.

The rest of Parliament.A very cool looking building I saw on my walk.
A double-decker bus.
Welcome to the City of Londo (and welcome to my bad photography as well).
Bridge from St. Paul's to the Tate Modern. I'm an engineer. I get very excited about this bridge. I spent the afternoon at the Tate Modern. I think it's a fantastic museum. What I really like is it isn't so huge and overwhelming that you can't make it through the whole museum in one day.
Tower Bridge in the background. The Tower of London and Tower Bridge is about the only main tourist attraction I didn't hit up in my 2 day visit.
Another cool building.
Recreation of Shakespeare's Globe Theater.
View of St. Paul's from the Tate Modern side of the bridge.
And of course it isn't a visit to London with some expensive shopping.







No comments: