Friday, April 8, 2011

Manor 38 Guesthouse

We only stayed at Manor 38 for 1 night.  While I can't recommend the town of Port Elizabeth, I wholeheartedly recommend Manor 38.  Manor 38 is on a quiet sidestreet off the main strip along the beach.  The strip along the beach reminded me of Daytona Beach.  I had enough of Daytona in college.

Our room was beautiful and right off the interior courtyard that housed the pool.  The main areas of the guesthouse were beautifully decorated and but my favorite part is the pool area.  Unfortunately we weren't there very long so we didn't get to use it.  The doors and windows of the common areas were open air with sliding doors that opened out to the courtyard.  Nor did we get to enjoy breakfast since our flight was at 6 am the next day.

They did have turndown service while out at dinner and provided us with a glass of sherry which was a nice touch.