Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Havana

Havana has moved into the old location of one of our favorite restaurants, Mambo Grill, on Clark Street.

My department at work went there on Cinco de Mayo because it was the closest place to the office that serves margaritas.  Cuban food will do.  I'm actually not sure what made this place Cuban versus Mexican versus just Latin.  There were tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and quesadillas on the menu which to me says Mexican.

This was a great place for lunch that's close enough to downtown that you can walk, yet far enough to get out of the crowds.  We were all very pleased with our lunches.  Prices were very reasonable at $8 or $9 for everything on the lunch menu.

The menu is very similar to the old Mambo Grill, just not quite as good in my opinion.  The chips came with a trio of salsas and guacamoles, just like Mambo Grill.  The dish I ordered for lunch came in a poblano cream sauce, just like my favorite Mambo Grill dish, yet not as amazing as the chicken dish.

Let's just call Havana Mambo Grill Lite.  It was a reasonable lunch option near the office but I won't put it at the top of my list to return to for dinner with all the other options in the neighborhood.

1 comment:

10yearstogether said...

I'm a huge fan of Mexican food, esp margaritas. Oh and chips and salsa. When you come to SoCal, we will have to do that!