Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bangkok - Fishing Village

We decided to book the fishing village excursion through Tong after hearing the praise my friend had for their day at the village.  We had Charlie as our guide for the fishing village tour as well.

The fishing village is located about an hour outside of Bangkok, not far from the floating market and the train market.  Unfortunately, an excursion to this particular fishing village can only be booked through Tong, and as I mentioned before, I wouldn't recommend her tour business.  The upside was it wasn't crowded with tourists.

The main source of income for the people who live in this area is fishing for cockles and mussels.



We brought bunches of bananas with to feed the monkeys.

This monkey hopped in our boat which scared the crap out of me.  He was inches away from me.

Then he swiped his little paw at my leg.

And then he reached into the bag of bananas and took several of them.

These huts are used by many to overlook their area of the "farm" and make sure outsiders aren't fishing in their territory.



This is where we ate our delicious seafood lunch.








These are huts that you can rent and do an overnight at.  I'd love to do that if we go back.  It was so peaceful and beautiful in the fishing village.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh I am so relieved it appears you had at least ONE positive experience, ha. I loved being away from all of the tourists and would love to stay overnight- though convincing the husband could be difficult :)

weezermonkey said...

MONKEY!

Anonymous said...

I am confused you did use Tong but wouldn't recommend Tong? Have only heard mostly positive reviews, please share more.

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

I booked through Tong but had another guide, Charlie. I would not recommend using Tong as she did not return emails we sent trying to confirm our guide after we had booked with her. Apparently she intended to just have no one show up at our hotel until we had our concierge call her. However, if you want to go to the fishing village, booking through Tong is your only option unfortunately. Her business skills leave a lot to be desired.