Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Turkey Itinerary

Since I'm still waiting for our pictures from San Francisco and I'd like to blog about something I thought I'd give an update on our planning for Turkey.

So we are all booked for our trip to Turkey over Thanksgiving. We leave late on Friday, November 20 so that we can work a full day and then return Sunday, November 29. And the best part is we only have to use 3 vacation days!

We are staying in Istanbul for 4 nights. This is our hotel in Istanbul: http://www.hotellinoistanbul.com/. It's located near all the major attractions and is 69 Euros a night.

Then we move on to Cappadocia for 3 nights. We're flying into Kayseri. This is our hotel in Goreme: http://www.kelebekhotel.com/. We are booked for room 4. Our second choice was http://www.4oda.com/. We decided on the Kelebek Hotel because it's located in Goreme which many on Trip Advisor recommended over staying in Urgup, the other major hotel location in Cappadocia.

Our last night we will be flying back to Istanbul pretty late so we will be staying at either the Holiday Inn or Courtyard by Marriott near the airport since we have rewards points we can use. No matter what trip we go on, we can't seem to escape the Holiday Inns.

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Cappadocia. I've been to Istanbul more times than I can count since most of my family lives there, but I haven't really ventured out of the city yet (aside from a couple mini-vacations to Antalya). And, I'm dying to see Cappadocia some time. Maybe next year.

weezermonkey said...

Squeee!