Wednesday, September 30, 2009

San Francisco - Day 4

I had intentions of walking everywhere today dancing through my head. I was quickly reminded that this is no flat Chicago. We started in the Mission District with Mission Dolores. Then walked over to the Castro neighborhood. Then headed towards Haight-Ashbury after stopping at Buena Vista Park. If you'd like a workout hike up to the top of the park for great views of the city. I wished there was an escalator. By the time I'd hiked up to the top I was too sweaty for a picture. We're going to need a personal trainer and a year's worth of training if we ever decide to hike Machu Picchu like we've been talking about.

















At this point we'd had enough walking for the day so we took a bus over to Alamo Square to see the Painted Ladies, otherwise known as the houses in the intro to Full House. Honestly this was quite disappointing. There were only 6 or so houses and while charming, not worth a separate visit. We saw adorable houses all over the city. It was nice to see where Uncle Jesse and Danny Tanner lived.

We had lunch at the Woodhouse Fish Company which was a great lunch spot for seafood. I had the clam chowder and crab cakes and The Husband had the giant lobster roll. The lobster roll was definitely the star of the show.




We only had a little bit of time before we had to go back to the hotel so we hopped on the bus and decided to take it all the way to the Pacific Ocean. It was way too cold to actually get in the water and too windy for anyone to go to the beach and enjoy themselves, but I wanted to say I'd seen the Pacific on what was my first trip to California
.