Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Megabus

The Husband and I bought bus tickets to visit the in-laws for Christmas on the Megabus. A total of $4.50 for 2 round trip tickets and a booking fee. We take a taxi there this morning even though it's close enough to walk. It's been raining and snowing and there's gigantic puddles everywhere. We get to the bus stop and it's mobbed. Apparently the geniuses booked all the busses to leave at the same time. There's also supposed to be one bus that goes to Ann Arbor and continues on to Detroit. Between overbooking and the bus last night not running because of snow, they need 3 busses to get all the passengers to Michigan. People are pushing, no one has any idea what's going on, and we stood in the rain for 45 minutes before getting on a bus. Oh and my feet are soaked from the rivers of water that are running in the street and sidewalks.

I'm at a rest stop in Michigan now where I will be having some fried chicken for lunch on Christmas Eve. That's right, I'm classy like that. The actual bus is pretty nice. There's wifi and they're going to be showing Anchorman after the rest stop. It sucks that our rest stop is 30 minutes though. All in all quite the experience and you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That sucks!
My friend is taking the Megabus from Chicago to Minneapolis to visit me on Friday. I hope they figure it out by then (and for your trip back).

Enjoy your chicken :)