Monday, June 7, 2010

Xoco

I can't believe I almost forgot to review Xoco.  Xoco is Rick Bayless's newest restaurant and is a casual sandwich/torta shop.

The downside is they don't take reservations.  I met a friend there at 1:30 in the afternoon and we waited nearly 40 minutes just to order our food. 

Not many places are worth the wait but this one was.  I had the Jamon torta with La Quercia Prosciutto Picante, Otter Creek Organic cheddar, black beans, avocado, chipotle mustard, and a fried egg for $12.50.  It was heaven.  And big enough that I got 2 meals out of it.  I had an aqua fresca that was to die for.  I believe it was hibiscus flavored.

They also serve caldos (soups), bean-to-cup hot chocolate, churros, and breakfast as well.

This place isn't too far from my office.  I'd be back once a week if the line wasn't so long.  Highly recommend if you get hungry during off meal times though.

No comments: